Thursday, January 20, 2011

Status Update

For those of you who haven't noticed, I deactivated facebook on new years day. It was fairly spontaneous- but I'm kind of hoping I can let it go until I have a really good reason to go back. In the meantime, I find myself resorting to other distractions online.

Chris has introduced me to Google reader. I now know where he gets all of his outlandish stories and ideas. Him, Mullet, and Sexton post probably around 10 articles a day combined, and they are generally pretty entertaining.

I am more likely to start going to UofLsports.com or the courier journal to read articles to pass time. This is good- I've been pretty lousy at my sports knowledge this season. And occasionally I may find my own articles to post to google reader.

I am already feeling more productive with school. Not completely sure if FB is related- but I'm feeling more optimistic, motivated, and interested than I've been in a while. Right now we're doing female genitourinary in Path and I am all over it! It's strange.

Finally, I have been drawn back to this blog just so I can send out status updates... This is probably dumb, since I don't think anyone ever reads... but maybe I can build a following of my top friends from fb. I already have a few things to blog about- and I just want to compile them. Also, I want somewhere to put pictures up, now that I'm taking more with the new camera from Xmas.

Please feel free to comment- it will be nice to every once in a while get a sense that I am not completely talking to myself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i still read! you are actually in my google reader so I will get all of these. I saw about the facebook thing, which I think isn't a bad idea either

Unknown said...

I miss seeing the pictures though!! I guess you can post them easily enough on a blog??