Friday, January 21, 2011

Pandora

Another huge discovery I've finally made thanks to Chris is Pandora. Every time I am at his place, he always has a great genre-themed playlist on with all of these good-sounding songs that I've never heard of. I'd actually brought my external hard drive over there before and demanded him to give me all of his music. He did- but I was disappointed because he only had one Regina Spektor song. Turns out all of those playlists were just Pandora.

So I've made my first 3 playlists:

Love Rhythm Radio - yes this sounds silly, but I wanted to call it something other than "dance music radio." I haven't listened to this one much yet, but I plan for it to be that playlist I want to put on every time I plan to go out dancing or partying in general. Heck yes for club music. No jokes or hates please.
Artist seeds:
  • Usher
  • Black eyed Peas
  • Chris Brown
  • Kesha
  • Lady Gaga
  • Trey Songs
Song seeds:
  • Wiz Khalifa - Black and Yellow
  • Far East Movement - Like a G6
  • Rihanna - Only Girl
  • Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (that was the best Glee episode ever)
  • Enrique Iglesius - Tonight (I'm lovin you)
  • Chris Brown - Yeah (x3)
So far I have liked:
  • Justin Timberlake
Black and Reddow Radio - another silly sounding name... I got the idea from B96 when the DJ started singing Wiz Khalifa as red and black instead of black and yellow to root for the cards game that day...obviously black and reddow makes more sense. This is my cool hip hop only radio. Pandora has already tended to start playing songs that gravitate toward my other station styles (even Mercury radio, interestingly), but hopefully I'll set it straight.
Artist seeds:
  • Common
  • Consequence
  • Danger Doom
  • Ghostface Killah
  • Gorillaz
  • Gym Class Heroes
  • Jay-Z
  • Kanye West
  • Kid Cudi
  • Lil Wayne (I've given in to Lil wayne. Eminem's comeback has probably helped... he is much more worthy of my hate)
  • Lupe Fiasco
  • MF Doom
  • Mos Def
  • Talib Kweli
  • Wiz Khalifa
Songs I've liked by people I still don't really know:
  • The Foreign Exchange - Happiness
  • Raekwon - Ice Cream
  • Ice Cube - It was a good day
  • Nas - Made you look
  • M.I.A. - Paper planes
  • RJD2 - Smoke & Mirrors
  • Sound Providers - The field, also Who am I
  • Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks
  • Malik Yusef - Magic Man
  • Da Ranjahz - Aspire (listening now)
Mercury Radio - My station for resorting back to my white middle class educated self.
Artists seeds:
  • Amy Winehouse
  • Arcade Fire
  • Death Cab for Cutie
  • Fiona Apple
  • Interpol
  • Jimmy Eat World
  • Joanna Newsom
  • Modest Mouse
  • OK Go
  • Phoenix
  • Pixies
  • Regina Spektor
  • Sufjan Stevens
  • The Decemberists
  • The Killers
  • The Postal Service
  • The Strokes
  • The White Stripes
Songs I've liked so far by people I don't really know:
  • Mazzy Star - Fade into you
  • The Cure - Love song
  • Gary Jules - Mad world
  • Yeah yeah yeahs - Maps
  • Ludovico Einaudi - Ora
  • Jose Gonzalez - Storm
  • Danna/Devotchka - The winner is
  • Peter Bjorn and John - Young folks (this song was liked on Black and Reddow too above! I don't know how the connection got formed between these styles... but I think it gives evidence that I'm not that weird for liking hip hop and indie)
My username is l.b.cornwell. I'm only friends with Chris right now on there- if any of you are on there too, friend me so we can share stations.

2 comments:

Chris.simpson42 said...

When I clean up my station list, I'll share some stations and you can have more middle class, educated music.

Unknown said...

I've created many extremely varied music lists; hope you find something you enjoy!