Thursday, February 17, 2011

Really? Warning: Gross picture

This is a spontaneous post and may be a little much.  Sorry if I bother anyone...

We have to deal with nasty stuff in med school, and suck it up like its OK.  Pelvic exams, prostate exams, frozen stinky cadavers with liquefying organs, soft wet fresh tissue cadavers, unbled coroner autopsy bodies, dead fetuses in jars, over a hundred pakistani skeletons from the 1950s, 12-year old sex, child abuse, morbid obesity, ascaris parasites, you name it.

Well this not might be quite so bad as a bunch of those things but sometimes teachers seem to go morbid just for fun or something.



There's a giant cell tumor of the distal radius.  Oh yeah, and a hand.  It's just something in a case I'm reading online right now that made me go, "really?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

giant cell tumors are neat: one of the only bone tumors that shows up in the epiphysis of a long bone.

Oh wait, that was supposed to gross me out? Sheesh, I could kill that.