I'm a little bummed about it. Graduating from college is the first step to getting old. Though it involves many good things, such as:
- people finally start respecting you more in terms of maturity and intelligence
- insurance companies respect you more
- people shouldn't consider you being married and a mom to be so weird
- finally get to learn about human science in med school
But of course,
- you can't get away with being immature for the heck of it
- I'll be joining the crowd of those who say, "oh, undergrad..."
- no going back.
So, graduation. We'll post a photo or two later.
I'm getting a bachelor of science in Chemistry with a concentration in Biochemistry. I'll have 128 hours, a ~3.995 (think I should be able to escape the minus this semester), and a collection of honor cords. I will not have an honors scholars medal or summa cum laude honor cords thanks to my thesis dedication falling through. I will have AED honor cords, PhiDE honor cords, Golden Key honor cords, and magna cum laude cords.
I'm going to make myself look good going out. It will be a real dramatic contrast to my HS grad photo, which is awful. I still had no idea how to do my hair at the time and wasn't into make up yet. It will really show how much I've grown up over the past 4 years, even if only on the outside.
Another quick note on growing up and taking responsibility- It's time for us to plan our 09-10 budget, a budget that will have implications on our finances for at least 20 years. Looking on the brightside though, as soon as it's over with we can officially start househunting. I couldn't think of a poll idea- I'm going to make one based off of that thought.
3 comments:
thanks, I love you thinking I'm old. Just so you know, you are only as old as you feel. I may be way past undergrad, but I feel no different than I did when I was 21. Trust me, when you are 30 year old resident and still broke while your friends are all settled with real jobs and mortgages, you'll feel a lot younger then.
that was Jen, by the way
I don't think your old. Just think that if there was a time that you go from kid to grown up, its graduating from college.
Post a Comment