Sunday, May 3, 2009

Newport aquarium


Time to post more IJ videos. Today we went to Newport to see the aquarium. Although it was crowded and a lot of things took a lot longer than I'm used to them taking after being accustomed to Dad's way of doing things- it was a nice relaxing trip. I think in part because Dad wasn't there to freak out about how slow and crowded everything was. Hah.

I was inspired by some of the freshwater displays to revitalize my fish tank. Thinking about trading in my Office fish for a collection of Rio Negro fish, which I know I can find in the pet store. I know Mom had a lot of these fish, was she going for that theme on purpose?


Who knew angel fish could get so HUGE? I don't recall Mom's ever getting bigger than an inch or two. You can use the tetras as a reference of the scale.


I think I could just sit in those water tunnels all day, watching the fish go by. IJ could have, too. The people and noise bothered him from time to time, but otherwise, I think he had a nice trip.



He's now been to four states, in just four months! KY, TN, IN, OH. Going to be a well-traveled kid by the time he can talk. In a couple of weeks, he will be driving through OH again, then PA, then NJ. Then he will take his first plane trip...with Dad of all people, just the two of them! Jeff hasn't even been on a plane before- it's pretty sad his four-month old son will beat him to it.

Summer has officially started, and other than for some budget stresses, I have the next 4 weeks to be practically stress free. And plenty of blogs should be to come too- we're probably moving in around a month to a fantastic new house- which is going to be super fun, I'll have Atlantic City to blog about, graduation + photos, Julia's wedding, my new lifeguard management job will be starting, and I can post new videos of IJ who will be starting solids in the next few weeks and will probably get down rolling over soon.

Also, btw, IJ is officially ticklish. Don't tell Darren! I tried to get him to laugh on video but I couldn't get it, though here is a video I took anyway.


No comments: