Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Storm

Last night weatherbug had an alert about a severe thunderstorm until 9pm. Strangest storm you'd ever see, on the radar it was just a narrow strip of red surrounded by a little green stretching north to south and moving to the east. When I heard the wind announce it's arrival, I looked out the window and watched the wind grow stronger. I went to the back door and couldn't see well out the window, apparently all of the I-65 lights had gone out along with all of the buildings across the interstate, including UofL, Harley Davidson, Manual, etc. All I saw was some white flashing thing in the distance. The wind was nuts, then all of a sudden an even stronger gust came and it was like I saw all of the trees in the backyard lean themselves to the ground, then I saw a flash of light as a tree landed in the back of our yard. At this point, I could've swore I was going to see a tornado emerge from the direction of the wind, so I went to wake up Jeff. There must of been a lot of noise all at once but I was a little preoccupied with freaking out. What made it a freak storm is that we went outside less than 5 minutes later and it was hardly raining and the wind had died down back to how it had been before the weather came.


Our neighbors had an even bigger tree fall, they lost half of a garage, a boat, and an entire shed. The tree landed on half of our cars. Denise's old cavalier is crushed, my back window got smashed (funny how I've gotten two windows replaced in a month), and the tree is still resting on the hood of Jeff's for-sale uninsured Focus. It's very disappointing for him.

1 comment:

orthogirl said...

I'm just glad everyone is okay. jeff's car looks like it didn't get too much damage; sucks for Denise though.
Gotta love freak Louisville thunderstorms!